Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eggless Chocolate Cake

Tired of eating a cake with egg in it? Think it is inevitable? Wish you could devour a cake without egg?Well.. Here s the recipe! and all you need is a Vinegar(as substitute for Egg) and Conventional Oven for baking the cake !

Disclaimer:Please note that Conventional Oven is DIFFERENT from Microwave oven!
I have explained how to prepare this recipe using Conventional Oven!
I am not responsible for any hazardous injuries caused due to preparation in pressure cooker or microwave oven!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar 1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 cup cocoa
3/8 cup oil
1/2 t. vanilla
1 T. vinegar(This is used as a Substitute to Egg)
1 cup water



Method:
1>Mix the ingredients well. I beat it in the blender for 1 minute
2>Take a 9x11 inch pan, grease it and sprinkle some flour on it (to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan)
3>Pour the mixture into the 9X11-inch pan.
4> Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.
5>Test with a toothpick to make sure it is done right.

I later cut the cake into two,placed the 1st half,put some icing on the 1st half and placed the 2nd half on it.
This is done to make the cake fluffy and soft.
Decorate the cake with icing and yippee!! Your 'EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE' is ready!!!





Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

11 comments:

Anonymous

Beautiful , yummy site-love the pictures! Thank you! Betty

Sparkling Star

thanks betty!

aynzan

Congratulations. I have something for you in my Blog - "My First Award"

Anonymous

It was certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Aruna Manikandan

First time here!!!!!!!!
your chocolate cake looks yummy

Check my space when u find time dear

with luv,
ArunaManikandan
http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

Divija Reddy

Hi, thanq for the recipe! I dont eat egg, so I consider this is for me :)

Well, I am Divija, new follower of ur blog! My my, u have many blogs, but how do u manage ur time in b/w?

All ur blogs r quite informative.

Sparkling Star

@Aruna,
Thanks for dropping in here and liking my blog :)
I loved your blog too!! :)

@Divija,
Thanks for the appreciation and for following my blog :)
Regrading your question as to how i manage my time blogging, answer is : I love blogging :)

Divija Reddy

LOL... I liked ur post regarding Indians in US, 200% agreed! that blog was kinda technical for me so I landed on ur kitchen blog. love all ur blogs, btw! admire your work! thanq for the response :)

divijareddy.blogspot.com

Sparkling Star

Divija,
Are you in US too?? Where??
Hey.. My General Blog is a mixture of all.. not only technical..
Technical stuffs are recent posts thats all :)
Check the archieve in my 'General Blog' from july..

I read your blog too.. its interesting

Reetha

Your blogs are amazing. Why dont you try to register a domain and also apply for an adsense account? Wonderful recipes, anyway thanks for your suggestion in businessvartha..we are trying to develop a new code with much options. Great suggestion. thankz

Anonymous

Bravo, your opinion is useful